The burrito de arrachera is one excellent mexican dish example that takes advantage of the tastiness of the skirt or flank steak beef cut, for its deep and rich flavour and where its slightly fibrous texture will not hinder the overall dish. So here is the recipe from Northern Mexico for this delicious arrachera steak burrito...
* 2 lb. Flank Steak or skirt steak
* Wheat Tortilla
* Olive Oil 3 tbsp
* 2 cloves Garlic
* 2 Avocados
* 2 yellow onion
* 2 Red Tomato
* 2 Chiles ancho, washed
* 2 Chiles pasilla, washed
* 2 hot red chiles, washed and seeded
* 2 oz. Tequila
* 2 avocado leaves (If available)
* Salt and pepper
* Grated Mozzarella cheese
1) Chop the onions in little cubes; heat up some oil in a skillet, saute the minced garlic and onions. Cut the tomatoes, discard their seeds, coarsely cut them in cubes; add to the onions and cook 5 minutes.
2) Put the chiles in hot water for ten minutes. Once they are tender take out their seeds; in a blender, process the chiles with two ounces tequila, adding just the water necessary for the blade to chop the ingredients efficiently, using the water we soaked our chiles in.
3) Add the avocado leaves to the skillet with tomatoes and onions, season with salt and pepper pour one ounce tequila; mix and cook until the alcohol has evaporated.
4) Pour the contents of the skillet (tomatoes and onions with tequila) to the bowl of your blender, add the two hot red chiles and blend to get a red salsa.
5) Pour some of the salsa over your flank steaks and marinate for 10 minutes. Over a hot grill or skillet, grill the flank steak how you prefer it.
6) Peel and cut the avocados in sticks. We are now ready to prepare the burritos; lay the wheat tortillas flat: first place avocado sticks.
7) Over the avocado, place the cooked and sliced flank steak, then spoon some remaining salsa over it and finally sprinkle some grated mozzarella over the whole length of the burrito.
8) Roll up the burrito; repeat the preparation until all ingredients are used and place on a metal baking sheet; bake until the tortillas have browned just a little bit and the cheese has melted. Serve with vegetables as side dish.