The guacamole is an ancient Aztec recipe originating from Mexico, it is sometimes referred to as the king of salsas!. With this authentic recipe you can make a sauce that
is delicious with many snacks and meals, from nachos and tortillas to eggs and burritos... There are a few ways to make real guacamole, this recipe outlined here includes a red tomato and jalapeno pepper.
How to make guacamole? Making guacamole is incredibly easy... an essential part to a mexican meal!
| Yield: 4 guests as appetizer | Preparation: | Total time: | | by: admin
The hot and spicy guacamole
Ingredients for 5-6 guests:
* Avocados: 2-3 large, mature ones
* Tomato flesh from 1red tomato; seeds and skin removed
* Onion: 1 small one, chopped finely
* One large jalapeno pepper (or 2-3 small ones), chopped very finely
* freshly chopped cilantro: 1 bunch, or as you like
* Salt 1 pinch, or to taste
* Freshly ground pepper 1 pinch or 3 turns of the pepper grinder
* Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
* One tablespoon lemon juice
* carefully mash the avocados with the back of a fork. As you are mashing
them gradually pour the lemon juice over. Pour the resulting mashed avocados in a bowl.
* Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix the rest of the ingredients, all previously cut and without seeds,
* When all the ingredients are in the bowl, mix and mash carefully so that you get a homogeneous mixture
* Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and in case of the taste turning too acidic, add a pinch of sugar.
* It would be preferable to eat immediately this sauce since the avocado oxidizes quickly in contact with air.
To prevent the avocados from oxidizing and blackening, the trick is that you can sprinkle a few more drops of pure
lemon juice over your guacamole preparation; then mix, then sprinkle some more.