Here is a mexican fast food type recipe you can easily make at home and casually serve your family and yourself, of course... Yes, you have guessed it the name from this dish comes from the english word "Lunches". The Lonches are basically a mexican sandwich made with bolillo bread rolls, usually soaked in a sauce, to a degree, then filled with beans, stewed pork meat, lettuce, tomato slices, onions and also with sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard. These messy sandwiches or “lonches” are popular street food in Jalisco as the name implies…
* 2 lb. pork leg
* 5 chilacates or mirasol chilies
* 10 peppercorns
* 3 cloves
* 1 small head garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
* 1/2 teaspoon cumin
* 4 bay leaves
* 1 vinegar
* 2 tablespoons powdered bouillon
* 10 bolillo rolls or as needed
* Oil or butter, as needed
* Mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, tomato, onion and lettuce
* 3 avocados.
1) Slowly cook the pork leg with bay leaf, garlic cloves and salt, to taste, in enough water in the oven at 300 ˚F during 3 hours, or time needed for the meat to easily shred.
2) Soak the chiles in hot water, blend them together with the other ingredients.
3) When the meat is cooked, shred and discard the fat, then pour the blended chiles sauce and the pork’s cooking juices into a bowl and mix; pour back this sauce back with the shredded meat.
4) Toast the halved bolillos on a griddle or comal, then spread some mayonnaise on each half, then fill with the meat preparation we just did. Next we put in the lettuce, slices of tomato, chopped onion, then mustard if desired, sour cream...
Place on a dish, then pour some sauce over (if you like bañados) and slices of avocado next to it... Enjoy your meal!