A recipe from Baja California, these tacos are made with pork meat, which was previously marinated in an achiote marinade with orange and pineapple juice; not unlike the Tacos al Pastor from Puebla, but with its own "baja" personality. This Taco recipe is a favorite from Tijuana, these tacos are sometimes also called taco marinados.
To prepare the homemade tortillas:
* 3 cup corn flour
* 1 cup of warm water
* 1 pinch of salt
* 1 cup grated cheese (Cheddar or Monterey Jack)
Marinating the pork:
* 5 pork tenderloins, sliced in steaks
* 4 tablespoons achiote paste
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 pinch of cumin
* 1 tablespoon dried oregano
* 1 clove
* 1 tablespoon ground allspice
* Salt to taste
* 2 cups orange juice
* 4 tablespoons vinegar
* can of pineapple slices with pineapple juice
* 1 Chopped onion
* enough chopped cilantro
* sliced radishes
* 1 avocado
* salsa verde and/or salsa roja
* 1 or 2 lemons
1) First the homemade tortillas: Mix salt water with a fork and gradually add the corn flour and half of the grated cheese, knead until the dough is manageable, let stand about 20 minutes and make balls slightly bigger than golf balls,
The best thing is to use a tortilla press but you can also use any flat kitchen appliance (heavy skillet, pyrex lid, etc...) to flatten the dough, heat a griddle and place each tortilla stop frying them a few minutes on both sides.
2) Marinating the meat: Blend together the garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, pepper, salt, achiote, orange juice and vinegar to a sauce. Baste the meat with this marinade, each slice of meat, arrange in a pan by placing pineapples between each slice of meat, arranging all the meat in layers, the pouring any sauce left over the meat. Put this pan in the refrigerator, covered by plastic film and allow to marinate for four hours, or more.
3) Fry each individual pork tenderloin steaks in a skillet and while frying them break them up to smaller cubes so we can use them conveniently in tacos (they can also be used in burritos and even quesadillas).
When setting the table for these tacos make sure there is some sliced avocado (sprinkled with lemon juice), salsa, chopped onion, chopped cilantro and quartered lemons for everyone... Once roasted marinated meat on a plate, cut the meat before marinating but the same can be roasted whole. Put some meat on each tortilla garnish with onions, avocado, cilantro, lemon and salsa, cover with another tortilla and enjoy.